Minwax? Tung Oil Finish creates a remarkably durable, hand-rubbed luster in minutes.
- Easy to maintain, it is the ideal protective finish for woods that have been refinished because it penetrates wood pores to restore vitality to dry, thirsty wood.
- Wood finished with Minwax? Tung Oil can be periodically refreshed by simply applying another coat.
|Application Tool:||cloth or brush|
|Recoat:||after 24 hours|
|Dry Time:||5-10 minutes prior to buffing|
|Cleanup:||mineral spirits or paint thinner following manufacturer’s safety instructions|
|Coverage:||125-150 sq. ft. per quart|
|Coats:||2 or 3|
|Recommended Uses:||furniture, antiques, woodwork, cabinets, doors, paneling, accessories|
Interior Use Only
WARNING! Removal of old paint by sanding, scraping or other means may generate dust or fumes that contain lead. Exposure to lead dust or fumes may cause brain damage or other adverse health effects, especially in children or pregnant women. Controlling exposure to lead or other hazardous substances requires the use of proper protective equipment such as a properly fitted respirator (NIOSH approved) and proper containment and cleanup. For more information, call the National Lead Information Center at 1-800-424-LEAD (in US) or contact your local health authority.
- Sand wood to obtain a smooth, uniform surface. Remove all dust with a cloth dampened with mineral spirits.
- Apply Minwax? Wood Finish? Stain, if desired, following the label directions. Be sure the stain has completely dried before applying the finish.
- Wipe or brush on a generous coat of Minwax? Tung Oil. Apply in the direction of the grain.
- Let sit on wood for approximately 5-10 minutes, then buff evenly with a clean, lint-free cloth.
- Wait 24 hours and apply a second coat. Two coats are recommended.
- For additional gloss, repeat after 24 hours.
- For additional gloss, apply another coat of Minwax? Tung Oil Finish, 24 hours from application of previous coat. With Minwax? Tung Oil you can control the brightness of the finish because the surface gains more gloss with each coat you apply. Note: If buffing is difficult, recoat surface immediately and buff.
CLEANUP: Use mineral spirits or paint thinner following manufacturer's safety instructions.
Coverage: Approximately 125-150 square feet per quart.
Not recommended for floors.
DANGER: Rags, steel wool, other waste soaked with this product, and sanding residue may spontaneously catch fire if improperly discarded. Immediately place rags, steel wool, other waste soaked with this product, and sanding residue in a sealed, water-filled, metal container. Dispose of in accordance with local fire regulations.
CAUTIONS: CONTAINS ALIPHATIC HYDROCARBONS.
Contents are COMBUSTIBLE. Keep away from heat and open flame.
VAPOR HARMFUL. Use only with adequate ventilation. To avoid overexposure, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headaches, or dizziness, increase fresh air, or wear respiratory protection (NIOSH approved) or leave the area. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wash hands after using. Keep container closed when not in use. Do not transfer contents to other containers for storage.
FIRST AID: In case of eye contact, flush thoroughly with large amounts of water for 15 minutes and get medical attention. For skin contact, wash thoroughly with soap and water. In case of respiratory difficulty, provide fresh air and call physician. If swallowed, call Poison Control Center, hospital emergency room, or physician immediately.
DELAYED EFFECTS FROM LONG TERM OVEREXPOSURE. Contains solvents which can cause permanent brain and nervous system damage. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling the contents can be harmful or fatal.
WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.
DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY. KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.